Aesthetic Breast Augmentation
The breasts are the essential body parts of a woman's silhouette. The volume of the breasts plays an important role in the development of body proportions such as shoulder width, chest circumference, waist and hip circumference. If the volume of the breasts is too small in this measurement position, then an essential part is missing in the outline of the body.
The breasts can be too small for various reasons. One can be smaller than the other, it can be asymmetrical. It can also be congenital.
In order to increase the volume of the breasts or to give them the same size, the most effective method at the moment is the insertion of silicone prostheses ( implants ). There have been surgeries with the insertion of autologous tissue, but the results were limited.
Breast augmentation with a prosthesis is a surgery that provides a good and lasting result, improves the mental health and psychosocial structure of the person and makes her more connected to life.
In breast prostheses, the basic substance is silicone on the outer surface of the prosthesis. The filler inside may be different. Each prosthesis has its own advantages and disadvantages. They should be discussed by the patient and the doctor in detail before the operation and decided on which one to use.
Today, the most common prostheses are silicone gel-filled, textured and round. Prosthesis selection and placement may vary depending on the patient, the condition of the breast and the surgeon's preference.
What is a Silicone Breast Prosthesis?
Silicone-containing products that are used for many purposes in cosmetic industry and medicine.
Breast prostheses are ball-shaped balloon-like structures. It can be round or anatomically shaped like droplets. The shape is chosen according to the condition of the woman's breast.
The balloon-like part is made of silicone; The surface of the prosthesis has been manufactured to be harmonious to the tissues in the body. The stuffing of the balloon may be a different substance.
The breast prostheses used today can be named as follows:
1.Silicone balloon filled with silicone gel. They are made ready for use in a variety of sizes. In the US, it received FDA approval in November 2006.
2.Hollow silicone balloon. It can be either Gel-filled or Saline-filIed. During the operation, the doctors fill the balloon with saline until reaching the size desired by the patient.
3.PVP: In the same way, the inside of the silicone balloon is filled with a chemical called PVP (polyvinyl pyrrolidone povidone). It is ready to use in gel consistency.
4.Soybean Oil:The inside of the silicone balloon is a ready-to-use prosthesis filled with soybean oil. The field of this application is new. There is not much information about the results yet.
It's a major step for most women, and often a positive one. Studies have shown that breast implants can help boost self-esteem, body image, and sexual satisfaction.Silicone implants or autologous fat injections are used for breast augmentation. In both cases, it is possible to increase the breast size. The prostheses that are used during a breast augmentation operation can be divided into 3 categories due to shape, content and surface quality. The prostheses used must also be adapted to the physical characteristics of the patient.
What to consider before the operation:
- If you are thinking about breast augmentation or just want to receive information, we are happy to help you.
- During the first treatments you should tell us your expectations, in summary why you are thinking about having such an operation and what do you expect from it.
- Before you decide to have a breast augmentation, you should tell your doctor in advance what bothers you and what you are expecting from this operation. You should talk to him about the prosthesis, the type of incision through which it will be inserted, the type of anesthesia and the immediate and long-term consequences.
- First we will talk to you about the size of your breasts, the shape of your breasts, the condition of your skin, your age, your marital status and your desire to have children, the position of the nipples in the breast and much more.
- If you have not understood something, please do not hesitate to ask until you have understood it. Your doctor will tell you about the operation, any scarring, the sensitivity of the breasts after the operation, breastfeeding, the type of anaesthesia and the risks. Pictures of breast enlargement patients can make the decision easier.
What you should know about the preparations for the surgery:
Before the procedure a blood test should be taken and an X-ray of the chest is required.
- In addition, a mammography and possibly a breast ultrasound scan can be performed.
- High blood pressure, nicotine consumption, intake of medication, diabetes, etc. must be reported.
- In general, no additional blood needs to be taken for breast augmentation. If a blood transfusion is necessary, the blood ( auto-transfusion ) taken 5-7 days before the procedure can be given.
- On the day of the operation as well as on the following days you will be reliant on an auxiliary person.
- Breast augmentation is an invasive procedure, you will have to stay in hospital for 1-3 days.
- Depending on the nature of the breast, the prosthesis will be placed behind the breast tissue or behind the pectoral muscle.
- Each method has its advantages and disadvantages, this detail should be discussed before the operation. No matter where the incision is, there will always be scarring.
- These scars are clearer at the beginning, but fade over time.
How are the prostheses used?
The prostheses used during breast augmentation can be inserted in 4 different parts of the body. These four places have advantages and disadvantages. The prostheses can be inserted under the armpit, under the breast, in the navel area and in the nipple area.
One of the most common aesthetic operations performed worldwide is breast augmentation with silicone prostheses. The most advantageous method to enlarge breasts that are too small is to use breast prostheses. Another method to enlarge breasts is to inject the patient's own fat, if the patient is healthy. In order to achieve the desired volume of the breasts with autologous fat injections, this must be repeated 2-3 times.
Breastfeeding, weight gain and weight loss as well as age can lead to "emptying" and sagging of the breasts in some women. In such patients it is also possible to "fill" the breasts with breast prostheses and make them healthy again. However, if the breasts are too saggy, a breast lift can be performed at the same time as the breast prosthesis.
After the silicone operation, you can breastfeed without any worries because the silicone is inserted under the mammary glands. Solid silicon does not cause any health damage, it does not cause cancer. It cannot burst due to movement, sport or other activities.
What to consider after the operation:
- In general, there are no complications after the operation.
- Pain is minimal
- If the prosthesis is placed behind the pectoral muscle, this can lead to impairment of arm movements for a few days.
- After the operation, a bandage is applied to the breast or a bra is recommended.
- If there are no self-loosening stitches, the stitches can be removed after 10-12 days.
- Immediately afterwards there can occur some swelling, numbness of the nipples and blue discolorations ( haematomas ) of the skin. But all this disappears within a very short time
The return to the daily routine
- The patient can resume work after 3-4 days.
- After 3 weeks the breast has its usual function again.
- It is recommended that the patient does not practice exercise (mainly jumping and running).
- Breast prostheses are no obstacle to mammography or surgical procedures. In mammography, the prosthesis appears like a cavity.
- The silicone of the breast prosthesis is not cancerogenic, it is like the body's own breast tissue. If the patient does get breast cancer, all necessary treatments can be performed without any restrictions.
What you need to know about the risks of breast enlargement surgery:
Like any other operation, breast enlargement surgery has its risks. Even if the risk rate is very low, you should be aware of it before making your personal decision.
- Swelling: Occur frequently
- Pain: Occurs frequently
- Bleeding: Occur very rarely
- Infections: Occur very rarely
- Numbness: After the operation, some patients complain that the sensation around the breast has increased or decreased or numbness around the interface. This disappears after a short time.
- Since breast enlargement is accompanied with the introduction of foreign bodies, it has already been claimed that the prostheses can cause connective tissue diseases, breastfeeding problems or even cancer. However, this has never been scientifically proven.
- The development of a shell: A shell of skin is formed around the prosthesis. This thin membrane can create a feeling of tightness. A slight hardening and/or a slight change of the breasts can be felt. In rare cases, the body can also repel this foreign body by creating a firm skin around the foreign body and finally removing and expelling it. In the case of a thick capsule, the breasts can harden very much and asymmetry can become noticeable. In mild and moderate contractions, massages or additional surgery can help. In the case of severe capsule formation, the only option is to remove the prostheses. Although the upper layer of the silicone prosthesis is thin, it is very resistant. Light to medium massages cannot harm them. 2 months after the operation, the patient can sleep face down again.
- When the contents of the prosthesis flow out: Sometimes the contents of the balloon flow out. If a gel-filled prosthesis is used, the material may penetrate the tissue and lead to knot formation. The effect of soybean oil has not yet been investigated and is therefore not known. If prostheses with saline solution have been used, there is no damage to the human body because the tissue absorbs the saline solution immediately. The tearing of the prosthesis is very rare, is actually only possible by crushing or piercing with a pointed object.
As Master-Aesthetic and our contracted Hospitals, aim to give you the best price possible, along with a large choice of Aesthetic and Medical Surgery Centers where the most advanced technology is applied by specialized surgeons and medical teams, high quality accommodation in luxury VIP rooms, and perfect and unique treatments.
If you want to get high technology health services at a reasonable price, Master-Aesthetic is the right place for you.