Cataract - Multifocal Eye Lens Treatment
Cataract is a common, vision-altering condition that affects more than 35 million person in Europe. The cataract can be removed and a replacement lens put in its place.
While monofocal lenses are still considered standard for cataract surgery, many patients cannot help but consider multifocal lenses. People who get a monofocal lens will need to use spectacles for either distance or, more usually, for near vision. This means that a person's vision after cataract surgery is either good for distance vision (driving, watching television) or good for near vision (reading, sewing) but not good for both.
Multifocal lenses are designed to reduce the need for spectacles, by improving vision at near, far, and intermediate distances. This type of lens work by using several different optical powers at varying points across the lens, and it works by relying on your eye muscles to move when needed in order to bring the correct distance into focus. These work best if they are implanted into both eyes.
Advantages of Multifocal Lenses:
- A large proportion of people find that they no longer need to wear glasses for their daily activities once they have made the choice to have these lenses implanted during cataract surgery.
- Unlike contact lenses and glasses that require new prescriptions on a yearly basis, most patients receive lasting results with these lenses. That can save you a lot of time and money in the long run.
- Multifocal lenses can often offer excellent distance and near vision, meaning that if you work at a computer all day it could be the perfect choice for you.
- People with multifocal lenses probably have distance vision that is not very different to the distance vision of people who have standard monofocal lenses after cataractextraction (moderate-certainty evidence). However, people with multifocal lenses may have better near vision and may be less likely to need spectacles compared with people with monofocal lenses (low-certainty evidence).
- Multifocal Lens Treatment with Master Aesthetic is a 10 min procedure and patients can go back to their normal life right afterward.
- Con: People who have multifocal lenses may be more likely to experience haloes and glare compared with people who have monofocal lenses (low-certainty evidence).
As Master-Aesthetic and our contracted Hospitals, aim to give you the best price possible, along with a large choice of Aesthetic and Medical Surgery Centers where the most advanced technology is applied by specialized surgeons and medical teams, high quality accommodation in luxury VIP rooms, and perfect and unique treatments.
How are multifocal implant lenses inserted?
The multifocal lens implantation technique is pure cataract surgery. All processes that take place during standard cataract surgery also take place during multifocal surgery.
In classic cataract surgery, the body's own clouded lens is removed and replaced by a lens that corresponds to the anatomy and visual impairment.
In this operation, a multifocal lens with several visual strengths (near and far vision) is inserted into the eye instead of a standard lens ( far vision and reading glasses necessary).
What are the advantages of a multifocal implant lens used in your contracted clinics?
Our contracted clinics use multifocal implant lenses that combine different visual strengths. The lenses can perceive objects at close, far and medium distances and meet international quality standards (JCE-certified and FDA-approved).
The lenses inserted remain in your eye for the rest of your life.
The insertion of a multifocal implant lens takes approx. 10 minutes and the procedure is performed without seams. This operation eliminates possible visual impairments at close, far and medium distances with the most modern technology and offers a life without glasses with high visual quality.
Your eyes are just as important to us as they are to you…
Master-Aesthetic's contracted hospitals' group includes one of the leading Eye care clinics in Turkey which, with its advanced technology and a team of qualified doctors, has performed more than of 30,000 Eye surgery until today.
With its experience and service quality in the field of Ophthalmology, our contracted Eye care clinic is providing world standards treatments.
As Master-Aesthetic and our contracted Hospitals, aim to give you the best price possible, along with high-quality accommodation in luxury VIP rooms, and perfect and unique treatments.