Although the eyes are the smallest among the five senses, they are the opening of our body and mind to the outside world. Therefore the health of the eyes plays an important role for the quality of life.
The health of the eyes is becoming more and more crucial, considering that TV, PC, Smartphone, etc. are putting more and more strain on the eyes. It is therefore advisable to have your eyes examined regularly to prevent risks, even if you do not have any obvious discomforts.
An examination of the eyes can provide information about heart diseases, diabetes, brain tumours, etc. and help to identify and treat diseases at an early stage.
In our partner clinics, patients of any age can be treated for eye, eyelids and surrounding tissue problems.
Our partner clinics are equipped according to the latest standards (JCE-certified) and comply with FDA requirements. State-of-the-art equipment and first-class medical material ensure quality and trust. In case of any current discomfort or health problems, we strongly recommend:
- Regular eye examinations
- Healthy people should have an eye exam once a year. Patients with eye problems who are directly related to systemic diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes or eye diseases should undergo an eye examination more often from the age of 40. Children should have a check-up every six months and in special situations the cycle may even be shortened, depending on the doctor's recommendation.
- Protecting the eyes from sunlight
- Some eye diseases, especially cataracts, are attributed to UV-A and UV-B rays emitted by the sun. Sunglasses with UV filters protect effectively and should be considered when purchasing.
- Quitting smoking
- There is a strong link between age-related macular degeneration and smoking. Smokers have a much higher incidence of macular degeneration than non-smokers. There is also an intensified connection between cataract and smoking.
- Rich diet with antioxidant vitamins
- Healthy diets, rich in antioxidant vitamins, have been shown to protect against the age-related macular degeneration that often occurs in the elderly. It affects the yellow spot on the retina and worsens vision. The cause of age-related macular degeneration has not yet been determined. However, what has been researched exactly is that free radicals damage the eye cells. The most effective way to neutralize free radicals is with antioxidant vitamins A, C and E.
In our modern eye centres, computer-assisted eye check-ups are carried out at the highest technical level in order to diagnose and treat even the smallest defective vision (short- and long-sightedness, corneal curvature) and all known eye diseases in depth.
Our eye centre provides information on eye care to patients according to their age and working environment. According to your lifestyle, a suitable period of time is chosen for an examination. The following tests are carried out:
1- The visual acuity test
In order to measure a patient's vision down to the smallest detail, only the most modern devices are used in addition to an eye test panel.
2- Eyeglass suitability
The appearance of ametropia (short-sightedness, farsightedness, corneal curvature) can lead to the need for glasses. In a detailed examination, the defective vision can be precisely determined and solutions can be obtained.
3- Eyelid examination
During this examination, eyelids, lacrimal glands with tear drainage systems and the eye environment are examined in detail, existing or potential issues are detected early:
4- Eye muscle examination
In this examination, the patient is examined for strabismus and double vision. If one of these complaints is diagnosed then the therapeutic approach can be discussed and planned.
5- High blood pressure in the eye
Using state-of-the-art technology, the pressure in the eye can be measured either automatically or manually. This examination is important with regard to the early detection of glaucoma and its therapeutic options.
6- Slit lamp examination (biomicroscopic examination)
Using a special device, the details of the cornea, iris, lens and retina surface are examined for damage.
With the drip examination, the eye and retina can be examined more precisely. Particularly extreme myopia, cracks or holes in the retina or narrow areas that may be a sign of such a development can be identified with this method.
7- Eye examination for other disease
With the help of the latest technology, systemic diseases, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, brain tumours etc. can be diagnosed during an examination.
Your eyes are just as important to us as they are to you…
Master-Aesthetic's contracted hospitals' group includes one of the leading Eye care clinics in Turkey which, with its advanced technology and a team of qualified doctors, has performed more than of 30,000 Eye surgery until today.
With its experience and service quality in the field of Ophthalmology, our contracted Eye care clinic is providing world standards treatments.
As Master-Aesthetic and our contracted Hospitals, aim to give you the best price possible, along with high-quality accommodation in luxury VIP rooms, and perfect and unique treatments.